Monday, December 17, 2012

Confession: Even though it's winter break and I have a glorious 3-ish weeks off from law school ... I still felt kind of sad yesterday. Something was missing - and it wasn't studying, believe me.

Whenever I feel sad, I try my best to just remember that moods come and go and that it's unreasonable to be super happy all the time. And I normally am happy-ish. Not over the moon, but glass-half-full generally content with things.

But Saturday night I was really sad. For a multitude of reasons. As I got ready for bed, I gave myself a little bit of pep talk. And reminded myself of several reasons why I should not be sad and why life is awesome. At this point, it was after midnight, so I decided to check my horoscope for the day. And when I read it I started to tear up because this is what it said:


Maybe it's silly for me to believe in an iPhone horoscope app but sometimes you just need an affirmation of everything you've been thinking of and hoping for. So I went to bed happy and slept in later than I have in weeks.

So anyway, here is a list of generally awesome things about life right now:

No studying until January. 'Nuff said.

Thumb holes. Seriously. Howwww did we get along with work-out tops without these things? I don't even know.

Catching up on TV. Stevie the TV - the one true love. Although I watched these shows on my computer but whatever. I've already caught up on Glee (!!) and watched a couple of episodes of Pretty Little Liars. OMG - so good. Although I was then slightly terrified of being by myself in my apartment but so so worth it.

This necklace. I saw it online and immediately knew I needed it. Jewelry makes me happy and this necklace is pure love. Can't wait to wear it!


Modern Seinfeld on Twitter. First of all, Seinfeld never gets old. Saw several episodes last week while trying to calm myself down about finals and laughed hysterically. But anyway this Twitter account - pure genius.

And lastly, in the wake of last Friday's tragedy - I have a lot of thoughts, but all I want to say is that I am so so thankful for the presence of my family and friends. Life's short, and just more of a reason to appreciate all the awesome things (and people) every day.

No comments: