Sunday, September 9, 2012

Neon

As much as I hate to admit it - I am a certified trendwhore. Colored denim?*  Check. Statement necklaces? Check. And it's not even just clothes - I spent a good chunk of time researching gluten-free lifestyles the other night, since that diet is so hot right now. But then I just got confused and ate a cookie.

Excuse the goober face - I am awkward. But aren't the neon colors fun!? Haven't worn the sneakers yet but can't wait to bust them out on a run or to Zuuuuumba!
So neon - huge trend right now, and seriously not something I'd ever thought I would get into. But the neon trend right now is so much more than sorority wayfarers and beachweek bro tanks. Yes, once the cold weather hits I will probably be back in my uniform of black leggings and grey sweaters but I am definitely all about the bright colors now. I'm not saying that dark colors = bad mood, because I am crazy over rich buttery neutrals, but how can you not instantly brighten your mood when wearing a hot pink skirt? Life is too short amirite? 

However, I did refrain from wearing a super cute BRIGHT orange frocket shirt to school the other week. I just felt like I would be a big ol' target for being called on, wearing such an obnoxious color. But it's obnoxious in the best possible way. 

So not exactly neon but close enough - it makes me happy to see it every day. 

I don't think I've ever been unhappy per se - but I definitely feel that in the past few months alone I've become happier than I've been in years. I'm excited to wake up in the morning and I try to find joy in everything, as cheesy as that may sound. I've also greatly increased the bright colors in my wardrobe, pairing neons and neutrals more frequently. If you look good (or at least think you do) you feel good. I don't know a lot but I do know that. Happiness is a choice and it's a choice I'll keep on making. That and wearing obnoxiously bright tops to yoga. 


* I will hopefully be writing about this soon. Colored denim, believe me it's an addiction - the first step is recognizing it right?

No comments: