Thursday, November 12, 2009

30. Chick Lit

I've always been a voracious reader. *Cough* 100 books over the summer before 4th grade *Cough*.

I like many different types of books. Harry Potter (but that's a given), some historical fiction thrown in there and I've recently become interesting in the memoir/life writing genre.

However, my heart belongs with Chick Lit.

I'm not even going to pretend that I'm better than that and hide my paperbacks behind some Jane Austen or something (although she was the original Chick Lit authoress). I'm loud and proud about my allegiance to all that is fluffy and brimming with romance and Jimmy Choos.

Speaking of, the last Chick Lit book I devoured was Goodbye, Jimmy Choo. Not the best ever, but it did its job.

Reasons why reading Chick Lit is fab!:

1. It's an easy read. Not like third grade easy, obviously there's some ounce of substance in there, but you're not going to be deciphering paragraphs and wondering what in the world vocabulary choices mean.

2. They're fun! Sure, she'll probably get the guy in the end, but is that such a bad thing? And you get cute, awwwww moments, which I love.

3. If you're like me and live for designer fashion that you will never wear, a lot of these books will supply that thrill. Seriously, it's a name drop free-for-all, Marc Jacobs this and Manolo Blahnik that.

4. The covers are cute. Ok that's just an added bonus...

So next time you need something to read (GO CLUB READING!) I highly recommend you pick one of these up. I guarantee they will be stacked on a table in the front of Barnes & Nobles, or in any WHSmith.

And don't be ashamed ... everyone's doing it.

No comments: