Tuesday, February 9, 2010

45. Grease 2

I am so so SO excited to write about this. Grease 2 rocks! I could seriously watch it over and over, I think.


Photo Credit: ricottapark.com
Ladiess

Premise: Basically like the original, but opposite-ish. Michael Carrington is the new British guy, and wants to impress Stephanie Zunoni, the leader of the Pink Ladies. Problem is, Pink Ladies can only be with T-Birds (duh). So, Michael learns to ride a motorcycle. (Motorcycles are the new cars, didn't you know?)Along the way, the gang goes bowling, particpates in a talent show, has a senior luau and a desperate guy tries to lose it in a bomb shelter.

Classic.


Photo Credit: hboasia.com
Right after Michael has arrived at Rydell High

My favorite moments of the movie (in no particular order):

1. Reproduction. 'Nuff said.

2. Johnny's squeal (?) in the bowliing alley. Maybe it's a scream. Maybe it's a screech. Whatever it is, it's gold.

3. The girls' costumes in the talent show/the nameless character with the braids. Love her!

4. The entire "Cool Rider" sequence. Such a good song, I wanna be Stephanie Zunoni.

5. "You're mother don't even have to know 'bout it."

Least favorite part: "Behind These Charades". Honestly. What were they thinking??

I used to own a copy of this DVD. I have no idea where it went, given that I still have the case. Mark my words, I will hunt that DVD down.

FYI: I LOVE the original Grease. Love love. In no way could this ever replace it. Grease is a classic. Grease 2...is a "classic", if you catch my drift.

No comments: