Wednesday, December 9, 2009

35. Beyonce and Jay-Z

I feel very strongly about these two music artists. Strongly as in, I think they're a-freakin-mazing. The day they got married the world just turned a lot cooler, with these wed in holy matrimony.


Photo Credit: realrapnews.files.wordpress.com

(As I write this I'm listening to their song "Bonnie and Clyde". Music gold I'm telling you. "Ya ready, B?" Hells yes I am.)

Anyway, let's start with Beyonce.

The woman can do no wrong. (I always try to forget about "Diva". Ladies, a diva is not a female version of a hustla.) But she has hit, after hit, after hit. Right now, I'm obssessed with "Get Me Bodied." Dear lord I wish I could wind it back like her. She is gifted, lemme tell ya.


Photo Credit: dailymail.co.uk
Hello, and she is one of the original members of Destiny's Child, which in itself could do no wrong either. Love me some old school Destiny's Child - when they perform "No No No part 2" on Smart Guy, my 8th grade* world was blown. And to think I saw them open for Christina Aguilera way back when. I was livin' it!

But Beyonce rose high above them, rightfully so I think, and her solo music = life. Basically. Way to go, my favorite spastic sister!

Ok, Jay-Z.


Photo Credit: media.canada.com

He's not a businessman, he's a business ... man.

Very rags to riches. I think. I actually don't know all his history, but given that he's now CEO of Def Jam Records, I would say that is riches, yes. Also he's married to Beyonce, holla!

He's pretty much dominated the music I've listened to for the past three months, since beginning at the end of summer I listened very heavily to "Run This Town", which features Kanye West and Rihanna (so of course I loved it). And then "Empire State of Mind" with Alicia Keys - so good, I have to listen right now!

Reason # 83 Jay-Z is awesome: He does the opening rap for Rihanna's "Umbrella" and uses the term 'hydroplane'. C'mon, the last time anyone said that was in driver's ed! Jay-Z is some sort of god methinks.

Here's to hip-hop royalty!


Photo Credit: eastofla.com

*I think it was the 8th grade, can't remember exactly when I was obsessed with various syndicated shows Disney played. All I know is Ben resembled TJ to a tee with his facial expressions. Anyway.

No comments: