Wednesday, January 6, 2010

39. Really Listening to Music

The "really" in the title should be in italics. But apparently you can't do that in titles? Whatever, blogger.

What is really listening to music? Well, it's listening to music, but really doing so. Concentrating on lyrics, the emotions you feel, etc etc. All that cheesy goodness.

A lot of the times, I'll have so much going on, that music has truly been reduced to just background music, what with doing homework, gchatting, driving and all that which gets in the way of really listening to music.

But sometimes ya just got to disconnect and listen to what the music has to say.

My friend Shelby likes to do this with Simon and Garfunkel.

Me? Dashboard Confessional is a favorite, but seriously, nothing feels better than just plopping my head down on my desk for a little recharging to whatever is playing on iTunes.


Photo Credit: freespace.virgin.net

Simon and Garfunkel. Not Shelby and me.

No comments: