Monday, January 4, 2010

38. Amazing Clothing Sales

Yes, I am a complete clothes-horse. I will not even try to deny it. I can shop til' I drop. But I don't like paying full price for things (unless it's a pair of jeans or something that will never go on sale, or stuff at Forever 21 since that stuff is already pretty cheap and the clearance is crap). Hence, clothing sales are AWESOME!

However, it's not much of a sale when they knock like five dollars off the sky-high price (I'm talking to you J Crew!*).

This is why Gap and Banana Republic are a-freakin-mazing. In my experience, like 75 percent of Gap's merchandise is on sale. Not the stuff in the front, but they change everything so fast, plus debut the seasonal stuff super early, so soon enough it'll be like 20 percent off. Plus, the clearance stuff isn't that bad. Also, this past summer they ran a promotion - buy one shirt, get one free. OH MY LORD. I went nuts. I got five really nice, cute tops for next to nothing. Anyway, I love Gap. Go there. It has a bad rep and I have no idea why!

Banana Repubic can be a bit more of a dig in my opinion, but all the clothes I've gotten from there I love. I believe that store was my first clothing sale high, if you will, when I found an orange cashmere cardigan that was dirt-cheap. I was hooked.

So go shopping! Support the economy by searching out discounted merchandise!

*Slight exaggeration, I know. But only slight.

No comments: