Thursday, January 28, 2010

43. Gelato

This was a toss-up, readers, a difficult decision. Ice cream?? Gelato??

Well, as you can see, gelato won out. (Not that I don't still love you, ice cream).

Sometimes, you just want to feel dainty and cute while eating dessert. And my Coldstone Birthday Cake Remix, while delicious, certainly, does not make me feel that way. Gelato, in contrast, comes in those cute little multi-colored dishes, with itty spoons in sophisticated flavors! Yes! It's the J. Crew ruffle tee version of a dessert, if you will.*

I'm still on the gelato hunt here in Richmond, but in New Orleans there are several places with the good stuff. Sucre** smells bad, but the decor is really cute and so's the gelato. My favorite is La Divina Gelateria, once featured on one of Alton Brown's TV shows. They have like a million flavors I can't decide on, the sign of a good place, but I always go with the same one, creme brulee!

And the gelato in Europe! I ate it with one Katie in Paris, where they made it into a flower! and had gelati from three different shops in three days with my other Katie in Florence! Hells to the yeah!

Also, places that serve gelato are always really cute. I'm just sayin. So fellas, take a girl there for a date and she'll feel all dainty and gelato isn't gonna bust the bank, either.

*Go with it, people!!
**I'm friends with them on Facebook. Lots of annoying events, and they won't friend Hannah, what up with that??

3 comments:

Karin said...

YESSSSSSSSSSS I LOVE GELATO.

Katie M said...

Gelati Celesti! Let's go!

Elizabeth said...

I think we should!