Thursday, April 1, 2010

48. The Style sections of the New York Times

Why do I love Thursdays and the weekends so much?

(I'm such a nerd but) because of the New York Times style sections!

As much as I like to know what's going on in the world, I also love me some features.

Why do I like these though? Well, in general, I just like the Times a lot. A very respectable news organization. I like Thursday because my inner-fashionista likes to think about moving to New York and experiencing the things they cover, like runway shows and galas and sample sales. Also, I really enjoy Michelle Slatella's column, but apparently today was the last one!

And Sunday Styles (although it technically comes out on Saturday ... weird) covers more of the same glossy stuff, but with more of a human-interest angle. The best story that I've read recently is this Generation B piece about a father and daughter reading together (I cried, OK? I rarely read this column because it always makes me cry). I also really like the A Night Out With ... column. Short and sweet I say!

Thursday styles: perfect to read while daydreaming about a life in New York working for Vogue and brunching at Pastis.

Sunday styles: perfect to read while laying in bed hungover. Fabulous.

No comments: