Friday, April 23, 2010

51. Dining Out

What a perfect time to write about this topic, dining out, as I sit here digesting my crazy-delicious dinner.

So my friend Katie and I decide to have dinner together. Where do we go? Do we stay on campus in the dining hall (and save money)? Or do we go off campus (and spend money but have a ridiculously good dining experience)?

Well, if you have any sort of thinking skills at all, you'll see where this is going ... we went out! To Kuba Kuba - amazing. Go there. Now. I have Huevos California (amazing huevos rancheros but with the addition of avocado) and we also split an order of fried plaintains.

Going out to eat is just plain ol' fun! The atmosphere (Kuba Kuba's is fun), that it is an event in itself. But let's face it, I just love to eat. And what I ate tonight is like nothing I could ever make at home*. It' fun to try new cuisines, and Cuban is something I have had very little of.

And being served by someone can be lovely, unless they're pooheads or something and you've suspected they have spit in your food. But that was not the case tonight!

Bad thing about going out to eat: I tend to eat a lot because it's all so good and want to get my money's worth ... ahhh but it's all worth it, eh?

*Well, I can prepare very little things so yes I could not make this, but ya know what I mean.

No comments: