Tuesday, June 15, 2010

55. Finding Grammar Mistakes

How satisfying is it to be reading the newspaper, a blog, a friend's essay, anything really ... and to find a grammar mistake?!?

It must be how a detective finds, hot on the case. Or how the guy who discovered problems in people's genetic codings or something. YOU were special enough to realize that they used "their" instead of "they're." You smart cookie, you!

Maybe it's just because I copyedit for my school's newspaper that this excites me ... but let's face it, I'm a nerd and I think I've always been that way. Copyeditors: isn't it so exciting when you find a grammar mistake after the page has already been read 3 times? Ah, it's the best. You feel like you just won the Grammy of copyediting or something!

Ah, grammar mistakes. Those little annoying pieces of written gold.

No comments: