Tuesday, June 22, 2010

57. Magazines

Too bad the print journalism industry seems to be going down the drain, because magazines are one of my favorite things.

They always have been, since I was younger and I had a subscription to American Girl Magazine (which, thank goodness, still exists!). Then came Girl's Life, Seventeen and TeenVogue (which I actually just ended my subscription to ... not a teenager anymore!).

Some magazines I love now are Allure and Vogue, as well as Glamour, Self and InStyle, although don't actually have subscriptions to those last three, I just love to look at them in waiting rooms. Although, if I really want to save the industry, maybe I should pony up and just have them delivered to my house! The only caveat? Magazines. EVERYWHERE. I have a pile in my room, which is puny compared to the huge one that used to be there. Oh, man, I have a problem. But c'mon, they're so much fun!

I really don't discriminate, I'll flip through almost anything! Sure, so many of these same things are available on their Web sites, but it's not the same! Save the Magazines!

Afterthought: oh my god, I just remembered Nickeleodeon Magazine. Best. Ever. I wish I had more time to read more magazines. Sigh.

No comments: