Sunday, July 31, 2011

88. My iPhone

I am a late, and somewhat skeptically so, to the party. But I bit the bullet, and in the words of the highly persuasive Verizon salesperson, I drank the Kool-Aid.

I got an iPhone.

Ever since iPhones, Blackberrys and Droids became somewhat mainstream during college, I resisted. I didn't NEED to be able to access the Internet constantly. After all, I was already usually on my laptop doing schoolwork and spent an embarrassingly large amount of my free time browsing food blogs, drooling over J.Crew and sadly, on Facebook*. I thought it was sad that our generation was always glued to a screen -- laptops, TVs** and now smartphones!

But sometime over my final semester I realized that I couldn't avoid it for much longer. I became jealous of Angry Birds! And Words with Friends! And being able to look up any piece of information I wanted on the world wide web, no computer necessary! And my old skool slider phone had a little too much fun at Pig Roast and was now held together with a piece of scotch tape. So I for my graduation present I asked my parents for an iPhone. Well, I actually asked for a Blackberry, but that Verizon salesman was very, very persuasive.

So now I have a lovely iPhone and I'm tweeting with the greatest of ease! And I can text people pictures - and receive them! I sometimes read food blogs on my phone and sadly, check my e-mail constantly. But it's not like I get anything important, anyway. Mostly I just love how cool the white iPhone looks in my hand. That's no joke, I really do see the iPhone like an accessory, artfully peeking out of my humongous purse.

The phone and I are still in the honeymoon stage, and I hope that eventually I'll stop playing with all the apps compulsively and join the rest of the world again. Well, the rest of the world who is all on their smartphones, too.

Who am I kidding, I love this phone! Too bad I can't take a picture of the phone with my phone though...

*Speaking of screens, I also got a Kindle this summer and I kind of love it. Not that it'll ever replace a real book or anything. Also I can't always have my face glued to a screen, ya know?

**While I almost never watched TV while at school, while at home I am a legit couch potato.

No comments: