Wednesday, July 18, 2012

95. Coffee

I just had to run a quick search through the blog because I could not believe that I hadn't written about coffee yet!

Soooo ... I have a coffee problem. I guess it's somewhat under control right now but no one will ever know how much I drank per day in the weeks leading up to finals.

I drink my coffee black, and usually with a sprinkle of cinnamon! One time an acquaintance saw me drinking black coffee in the dining hall at college and she said, "Wow, how mature of you!" Truth.


And I LOVE iced coffee. Incomplete without soy milk and this:

True love

It's a necessity. Just do it. Best sipped from a Tervis tumbler but a glass from the Bulldog works as well.

I chose not to document the other side. This is the famous "I Heart Farts" glass - a classic!

Related is also my love of coffee shops. (Throwback to the fabulous ladies of the Facebook group 'I Live Life at Coffee Shops'). Now most of the time I go to coffee shops is to hit the books when I get sick of the library (and my brain is throbbing from lack of caffeine) but man I miss the days when we, well, we lived life at coffee shops! PJ's back patio was the place to hang on Fridays after school, and studying for math tests at CC's with my calculus partner in crime and pal, Hannah, were basically the best ever.

I feel like I read an article about yet another study every week on the health benefits of coffee. But it isn't the lowered risks of strokes Alzheimer's and increased levels of concentration* that reels me in. It's the smoky aroma and the strong taste and yes, the fact that I am not fully awake without it.

Coffee rules!

*Can't remember if these are true. But coffee DOES have a ton of health benefits. Coffee. Not grande whip mochas. Just fyi.

No comments: