Friday, July 27, 2012

98. Smoothies

Ok, ok so yes I said I was going to get deeper. And I did. But I just have to have to say how much I have fallen in love with smoothies. Which is something I never thought I would say.


Do not be alarmed. This tastes AMAZING.

I love these first of all, for the taste. But it's such a good way to get lots of healthy stuff in early in the day. And I like these it's a breakfast that's not carb-based. I love carbs, but this way I can feel less bad about eating a ton of them the rest of the day, ya know?

Here is my favorite smoothie recipe. Nutritious, filling, delicious and beautiful :)

Layer the following in a blender and blend away:
- a frozen banana
-1 -- 1 and 1/2 cups soy milk (depends on how creamy you want it) (I'm sure cow's or almond milk is just as good) (Also I think vanilla soy milk makes it taste fab but plain is just as good) (what's up with all the parentheses?)
- ~tbsp peanut butter
- a sprinkle of cinnamon
- lots and lots of spinach (If you blend it up enough you cannot even taste it. Promise.)

Green Monster with a side of the Hills - my favorite way to start the day
I also like to switch it up and add some blueberries in. Beware though - that version tastes yummy but looks like sludge.

No comments: