Wednesday, August 4, 2010

71. Big Cities

I think big cities are fabulous. When I was younger I thought I wanted to move to big ol' New York City and work for some fashion magazine. I don't think that's a very realistic dream any longer (and nor would I necessarily want to - stupid long winters!)

I've also harbored fantasties of living in Boston or Chicago (again - I would freeze in a matter of days/limited shoe options). Washington D.C. San Francisco.

All of these cities excite me. I like green space but I also like lots of tall buildings. Lots of walking. Tons of people.

Maybe it's because New Orleans isn't a very big city, and although my college city of Richmond is the state capital (and a lovely city), it just isn't what I'd call big, per se.

So studying abroad in bustling London, with so many things to see and do, was a thrill. Maybe I have such fond memories because I missed the worst of London winters, but I still would love to go back.

I might never live in one of these places, but I like that I can always visit. And that I can always come back home.

Rainy big city view from the London Eye



(Oddly enough, I'm watching The City re-runs on VH1 as I write this! How glam.)

No comments: