Thursday, July 8, 2010

63. Bad Music

Just as a preface, please do not be offended if you like any of this so-called bad music. After all, I like it! Right? Right?

So, I like a lot of different types of music. Oldies. Top 40. Country. So on and so on. And there's plenty of songs that I realize, well, suck. But I still like 'em. They're so bad, they're good!

Some examples:

-Lil Wayne's 'Lollipop': I believe this is the first song I recognized as "bad" but I still really, really enjoyed listening to it. As popular as Lil Wayne is, I still feel like a lot of his songs have gotten a bad rap (rep! rap? get it??) and this one is no exception.

Source

Call me, so I can make it juicy fo ya?

-A lot of country: I LOVE this genre. But I understand that even within this genre, there are some very tchokey songs, that I will continue to blast. For instance, "Ladies Love Country Boys" by Trace Adkins. He's also the one who sings "Honky Tonk Badonk-adonk." Yeahhh. Brad Paisley also sings some somewhat stupid songs (silly lyrics and such) but he's so adorable! How could I not love his music?!


Source


-Styx' "Come Sail Away", Journey's "When the Lights Go Down in the City", Reo Speedwagon's "Heard it From a Friend" etc. etc.: Oldies but goodies!! They're just fun! Well, Journey makes me all sentimental, I don't know why. (nb just watched the pilot of 'Freaks and Geeks' and love that it ends with Styx. Also that show is awesome).

-Abba: 'Nuff said. Who wants to make a pilgrimage with me next year to Sweden for the grand opening of the museum?

So, moral of the story: be proud of your favorite bad music! Let it ring from the hilltops! Unless it's Lady Gaga's 'Bad Romance' or Fergie's 'Big Girls Don't Cry'. Because that stuff is garbage. Just sayin'.

No comments: