Monday, October 5, 2009

21. Shaving My Legs

I have an addiction. It's not smoking. It's not drinking. It ain't sex.



I'm addicted to shaving my legs.



I feel like I am in the minority of most girls (and the leg-shaving male population). Most girls I know seem to fall into the camp of "I'm lazy, so didn't shave." Or "I hate to shave my legs." That's quite alright, I don't normally go around stroking girls legs or anything.



But there's nothing quite like that silky smoothness of just shaving, and slathering on yummy smelling lotion. And then wearing short-shorts and showing them off!




Photo Credit: xomba.com

He gets the idea, but a little too much...

So in the summer (or until I can stomach it no longer and must wear pants/tights) I shave constantly. One fateful day I shaved twice...but that's because I was home alone and had nothing better to do than sit around and stroke my own legs I guess.

Fact: I used to be horrible at shaving my legs. Got cuts alllll the freakin' time. Not sure what changed. I guess with practice I just got better at it? But I can't remember the last time I cut myself whilst shaving!



Myth?: If you don't shave your legs before a night out, the chances of higher of having a fun time. So at pre-games, listen for the "tonight better be good, I shaved my legs so as not to jinx myself." This is all in the mind, I personally think, although the rare times I went out with stubble I convinced myself the night would be that much more fun.



Tip: A dry razor will last a lot longer, so I always dry mine off and don't store it in the shower. Yep, I know you're just dying for tips on how to be just like me. Sigh, such a burdern.



Other fact: I am one of those people who like to "see how far they can take things." We're descending into winter here in London. So I guess I'll find out!

No comments: