Thursday, October 8, 2009

22. Themed Parties

What's more fun than getting together with all your friends (and their friends too) and partying it up?

Partying it up with a common theme!

Decorations, music playlists, costumes, refreshments if we're so inclined, lighting schemes ... what a treat!

One of the highlights of the summer was our Diddy's White Party, which was a long time in the making and a lot of work. But to get everyone together, with the common goal of livin' the glam life and getting schwastey, and wearing white, of course, was completely worth it. I'd like to make it an annual event!


Photo Credit: Shelby Siegel

Best ever...

In other themed news, one of the best lodges I went to sophomore year was Kappa Sig's ESPN themed party, and it wasn't just because Hannah was visiting! I was a tennis player and got to wear comfy sneakers! Score!

(She was a spelling bee contestant. It was hot.)

Observation: You really have to commit to these shindigs. And why shouldn't you? It's fun to dress up!

Themed parties I would like to throw at some point in my party-hosting-ness:
-Real Housewives of New Jersey (tacky? You betcha.)
-Snooty French - I think this party should include lots of brie and stripes.
-Abba. Not that my party playlists don't include enough Abba as it is...

So get on your party pants and theme it up!

No comments: