Wednesday, October 28, 2009

27. New Orleans

So, an ode to my hometown and favorite city (besides London duhhh): New Orleans.

NOLA.

N'awlins.

Silly that I did not fully appreciate New Orleans for the longest time. That I wanted to move to New York!! Or Chicago! Or some other "big city."

Well, A. I would freeze in Chicago. I could wear flip-flops from like June to September only, as opposed to, well, year-round if I'm crazy enough at home.

B. While a lot of cities in America have great attributes, and I would enjoy visiting many of them, they are just not home. Simple as that.

But I think enough time away from home has really changed my viewpoint. How could I not want to go back to this little big city??

Don't even get me started on food and restaurants. But there's that certain something I would really miss out on in any other place.

And not to be cheesy but I think this Chris Rose bit has to be included:

She is a New Orleans girl and New Orleans girls never live anywhere else and even if they do, they always come back.

Yeah, pretty much.

See ya in December, NOLA!

No comments: