Saturday, October 3, 2009

20. Brinner

Who says that breakfast has to be served in the morning? I am a big proponent of the concept of "Brinner," aka breakfast at dinner.

We've talked about my love of cereal, however, did you know about my love for pancakes, eggs, waffles, bacon and all of that goodness? And let's not even get into toast...

The term came about from a memorable episode of Scrubs, in which Turk gets Brinner from Carla because he can secretly understand Spanish and thus cleans up the apartment. Hilarity ensues, and he gets his bacon ice cream.

While I would never manipulate anyone for Brinner, I can understand why he would. Who doesn't want an omelette anytime of the day??

This summer was the summer of Brinner. Often, before drinking (especially at Happy Hour) I would request from my mother a delicious omelette or scrambled eggs, with tomatos and cheese yumm. Sometimes a bit of bacon on the side. And toast! The toast oh man. The meal was of course incomplete without lots of ketchup, because that's how I roll.

Since coming to London, I have made a few Brinners for myself. Because they are delicious. And eggs is the only thing I know how to cook.

No comments: