Tuesday, September 15, 2009

12. Quoting TV Shows

I truly think that I was put on this earth to do one thing, and one thing only: incessantly quote TV shows.

"George likes spicy chicken!" (Seinfeld)

"Does this hat make my hair look flyeth?" (Scrubs)

"Aww man, it itches." (Spongebob)

"What's a bajingo?" (Scrubs)

"This episode was filmed in front of a live ostrich." (Family Guy)

"Baby, you weren't done cuddling yet? I wanted to go over to JD's half-acre. He's got a slip-n-slide, and I wanted to show off my moves! I've got a new one, I call it the Captain." (Scrubs)

This is only a small smattering of the uselessness I say when I'm not forming my own thoughts (which let's face it is limited to about two waking hours a day).

I also enjoy quoting movies, most notably the Wayne's World movies and Clueless. In fact, the other night I watched the latter and quoted about 75 percent of it out loud. Can't tell if it was sad or not.

"And will the suicide attempts please be postponed until the next period!?"

And OK, some might say I watch a little too much TV. But, most of these quotes have been the product of bonding with my friends and family. Isn't that a good thing?

"You fed the horse Beef-a-Rino??"
"I overstocked!!!"

Photo Credit: seinfeldonline.com

No comments: