Sunday, September 6, 2009

5. Oyster Po-Boys

The majority of the entries thus far have been centered around food. This will be a recurring theme in this blog, because, hey, I love food!

So here's another lovely food entry: Oyster Po-Boys.


Photo Credit: thewaspyredhead.com

Mmm, doesn't that look delish!?

I appreciate po-boys of many different types. Shrimp are also delightful, and I've had a few good roast beef po-boys in my short life (although I'm not a big red meat person). However, I will always turn back to my favorite, the erster.

We (my mom and I, who usually shares with me), used to be about the mayonnaise, lettuce, pickles and maybe tomatoes. But now we're straight butter and pickles people. Mmmm. Pickles.

My favorite oyster po-boy in town can be found at Parkway Tavern & Bakery. This will definitely be one of the spots I have to hit up before I go to London for the semester! Not only is this po-boy delightful, they also have really good sweet potato fries, and is the only restaurant I've ever been to with Diet Dr. Pepper! That truly is a rarity for this fake-sugar-lovin' girl.

I miss many things about my hometown when I'm up in Richmond for school, but this definitely is near the top of my list.

No comments: