Tuesday, September 1, 2009

2. Navy Blue

I LOVE this color. It's preppy, it's nautical, it's casual, it's dressy.

"You better not come home with another navy blue dress. "
- My mom before I leave to go to the mall. Because I own a lot of navy blue dresses. But what's the problem?! I know what I like!

Fun navy blue things:

Photo Credit: J. Crew
J. Crew Silk Duponi Rosette dress - I don't know who would ever actually wear that (because it's crazy expensive and is dry-clean only) but it's navy blue and covered with rosettes! Lovely!




Photo Credit: FemaleFirst.co.uk

Prince Harry (my favorite royal, but that's another post) wears navy! How dashing.

And in case you were wondering, the name navy blue comes from the color of the officers' uniforms in the Royal Navy since 1748. Figures.

No comments: